By Linwood Wickett

By Linwood Wickett

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Nubble Light Foggy Night

Ahh, a warm weekend and no snow on the ground here in NH! So Saturday I decided to go up to Cape Neddick for some night pictures of Nubble Light holiday lights. Then Nancy surprised me by coming home from Thanksgiving (in Maine) to NH a day early (Saturday). So I decided to wait until Sunday, as it was supposed to be another warm evening. My bones still quiver when I remember a few years ago standing in the wind and the cold trying to take night pictures of the holiday lights of Nubble. But as we got closer to Portsmouth on Sunday, for the intermediate stop to pick up my photo from the gallery, we noticed the thickening fog. I picked up my unsold photo (hoping I got the correct one-mine), and with fear and trembling, we forged on, figuring that if the fog got too thick near the Maine coast, Nancy and the dog could walk ahead of my vehicle and lead us safely to the lighthouse. It was only a few miles! Alas, we arrived without much fanfare (and a good GPS), and there stood Nubble Light with a foggy glow. Now luckily, Sunday afternoon, in a rare event of my thinking ahead, I had Nancy read the camera manual for me to find out how to set the self timer on my camera. So arriving and setting the camera on the tripod, I took several shots at different settings and got a few test goodies. I liked the foggy glow of this test photo, so I am sending it along for grins.

 
Click on image to enlarge

 
Nikon D7000, ISO 1000, 1 sec with self timer, 42 mm, f 4.8, shutter priority
And all that hoorah stuff!


Seasons Greetings and keep your lens clean.

Linwood "Lin" Wickett

No comments:

Post a Comment